Fielding Hills Winery
WINERY & WINEMAKER
Owned and operated by Mike and Karen Wade, Fielding Hills Winery is the result of time-honored, small-lot, hand-crafted winemaking techniques, which maintains Mike’s desire to be closely connected from soil to glass with the wines of Fielding Hills. Mike and Karen believe a glass of wine should take you on a journey, with one sip the story of its and its people unfolds.
Mike Wade crushed the first vintage of Fielding Hills Winery in 2000. With his first vintage, Mike was named Rising Star winemaker of Washington State by Wine Spectator. Since then, for over two decades, the family-owned estate winery has earned a rock-solid reputation as a world-class wine producer.
The first vintage produced 400 cases; after two vintages Mike doubled that number to 800 in 2002. With continued consumer demand, Mike increased to 1,200 cases in 2011. Fall of 2013 saw the first Malbec crushed off of Riverbend Estate Vineyard. Crush in 2014 was at Fielding Hill’s new winery and tasting room in Chelan Washington. At this new facility, production has again doubled with grapes crushed to produce 2,400+ cases and the introduction of white and rosé wine to the Fielding Hills library of wines. Together, Mike and the winemaking team work to create a stand-alone product that reflects their passion.
Located only a five-minute drive from downtown Chelan, the tasting room provides a 270-degree view of Lake Chelan. We invite you to join us in the tasting room and pair world-class views with our world-class wines. Our set tasting menus showcase the very best of Fielding Hills Winery and our Estate Vineyards. Enjoy our highly rated wines, small production lots, and occasional library vintages while drinking in our views. Along with the wines, guests have the option to enjoy small bites of delicious cheese, crackers, chocolates, and charcuterie.
What guests can expect during their visit:
- We are open daily, 11 am – 5 pm with covered, heated indoor/outdoor seating.
- In addition to our daily hours, we offer expanded Wine Club Only Evenings, Large Group Reservations, and One-on-One Concierge Tasting and Tours.
- Reservations are required and we do not accept same day reservations. If you are feeling spontaneous and would like to stop by, please do so. We will try our best to accommodate you. That being said, priority seating will go to our reservation holders and Wine Club Membership.
- We love animals, especially dogs however due to liability, we do not allow guest dogs/pets on the winery property.
- Fielding Hills is a non-smoking facility.
- We do not permit outside food or alcoholic beverages.
- Cabernet Franc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Chenin Blanc
Styles of Wine
- Estate Wines
- Proprietary Blends
- Red Wine
- Single Varietal
- White Wine
- Family Friendly
- Outdoor Seating
- Reservations Required for Large Groups
- Small Bites
- Winery and Tasting Room
Reservations are recommended.